What is Data Protection?
Data Protection is a set of rules and laws that control how your personal information is used by organisations and businesses. The laws were created to give you greater levels of…
- transparency — on what data we collect and what we do with it
- control — to share with you or delete your personal data
Reference: Section 1.1–1.2
What are my rights?
You have the right to find out what information we store about you. These include the right to:
- be informed about how your data is being used
- access personal data
- have incorrect data updated
- have data erased
- stop or restrict the processing of your data
- data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
- object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances
Reference Section 2.1.1–2.1.8
What data do we collect?
There are two parts…
- Your personal name, address, and email so we can identify you.
- The data of all your activities — which is held separately from your personal data. We process this to produce graphs, forms, reports of competition, or comparisons for you to use.
Reference Section 3.1–4.3
Will my data be shared with other people?
Your data (or parts of your data) can be shared with three groups of people:
- When you give us or a MiCare agent permission, we can see your data to help train and support you.
- People who are given access to help you with your tablets. For example, a MiCare agent or family and friends.
- Other people using the tablet who you are supporting or, in the case of fitness, are in competion with.
We do not share you personal details with other marketing agencies unless you give explicit permission.
Reference Section 5.1–6.5
How long do you keep my data?
Data is kept for one year, unless legally required to do so by the law. For example, financial records have to be kept for 7 years.
Reference Section 7–8
Is my data secure from outside?
We strongly encrypt all your personal details to prevent any unauthorised person getting access to our system and limit what data can be accessed according to the purpose needed to view it. Our system has been checked for vulnerabilities and approved by an independent specialist company.
Reference Section 10
Can I know which members of my family and friends can see my data?
We have provided a special screen on your tablet with a list of people who have access to your data. You have right to remove any one of them from seeing, changing, or accessing your data.
Reference Section 11.6
Do you sell my data to third parties?
No! We do not sell your data to any third party and never will.
I’ve seen the word “cookies” but not a chocolate chip in sight. What’s that about?